-PAGE ONGOING UPDATES-
Megawide Construction Corporation has always been guided by its mission to help improve communities.
Part of its Corporate Social Responsibility is not only to share its expertise and resources, but to provide opportunities for communities to be empowered in order to improve their lives in a sustainable manner.
In its EPC projects on renewable energy, the company implemented various projects:
TOLEDO CITY, CEBU (with First Toledo Solar Energy Corp. or FTSEC)
- Planting of coconut seedlings and livelihood training
- Planted 5000 coconut seedlings
- Conducted trainings for the barangay, together with the Philippine Coconut Authority, Brgy. Talavera, and Megawide Foundation
- Conducted livelihood training using coconut products for Brgy. Talavera – cooking with ubod, and making handicrafts using coconut shells
- Donation of sewing machines to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Day Care Center
- Conducted basic sewing skills training for housewives
- Provided initial capital by ordering products from the housewives
SILAY CITY, NEGROS OCCIDENTAL ( with Silay Solar Power, Inc.)
- Conducted organic farming training for 50 housewives
- Provided starter kits for home-based organic farming
- Provided wooden pallets to the provincial government to help fire-displaced residents build temporary shelter at the DepEd Silay office for use in constructing benches, desks, and other school furniture, PNP Silay for benches in the police station, Brgy. Rizal (Hacienda Macquina) benches, and other furniture for day care centers and the barangay hall
MARIVELES, BATAAN (with New Generation Power Technology)
- Turned over books and reference materials to nine day care centers in Brgy. Alas-asin
- Provided construction materials to the municipality and barangay for use in making school furniture and benches
The company also partnered with the Megawide Foundation for Operation Tuli for 150 school boys from Mariveles.
Megawide also turned over books and library furniture to various public elementary schools, in partnership with the Megawide Foundation.