Megawide Corporate Foundation was established in 2012 to provide opportunities to the marginalized and disadvantaged in the communities where Megawide operates, and in areas where the company’s expertise and resources are needed.
The Foundation is the embodiment of Megawide’s core values of excellence, commitment, innovation, teamwork, and safety, working together not only to deliver the best quality projects, but to help improve communities and empower individuals.
To share our passion for Engineering Excellence through education and the creation of optimal environments for
learning and growth.
To be a leading agent of transformation, inspiring people and communities to practice excellence and innovation.
In order to transform the youth and inspire society, the Foundation commits itself to providing access to education to disadvantaged youth, partnering with institutions and agencies for the following programs:
- Megawide Engineering Excellence College Scholarship Program – in partnership with the Technological University of the Philippines and the University of the Philippines Diliman
- Aklat Para Sa Lahat – a book donation project for children in public schools and day care centers
- Providing teachers with teaching aids and reference materials, as well as giving them grants for their professional development and further schooling; aiding public educational institutions in obtaining the Center of Engineering Excellence status from the Commission on Higher Education
- CHAMPIONS Engineering Excellence Program – a program being set up to uplift engineering education that produced world-class engineering professionals
The Foundation encourages entrepreneurship for people to find innovative means of generating their own livelihood in a responsible and sustainable manner. With its global partners, the Foundation provides skills training in construction, creating synergies where home-grown products can be further improved, packaged, and marketed to a broader customer base.
One of its projects is the Engineering Excellence Tech-Voc Training Center, a joint effort with the Technical Skills Development Authority or TESDA for workers and labourers both on and off-site. The Foundtation is also looking at providing equipment and tools for a training program for juvenile delinquents and out-of-school youth, focusing on basic carpentry and construction work.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
The Foundation believes in the health and well-being of its stakeholders and the environment. It continues to support climate change mitigation efforts that include promoting renewable energy sources and proper waste management. Through the Building Green program, it also propagates and plants indigenous trees and mangroves, conducts tree-planting activities in schools, and adopts watershed areas and tree nurseries. Medical missions are conducted regularly, aside from active participation in disaster and relief operations.
- Aklat Para Sa Lahat
– A book donation project in which we also conduct story-telling and reading sessions with the school children in day-care centers and public schools
- Building Greens
– A tree-planting activity in identified project sites such as in public schools and in the Megawide Foundation adopted area of the Marikina Watershed in Antipolo, Rizal
- Health and Safety
– Medical missions, Operation Tuli, feeding programs, and relief operations
Please click HERE to view Megawide Foundation Projects gallery.
655-1111 loc 710
JOHN CARLO NAVALTA